Size Range: 1/2" through 24" pipe with up to 2" thick insulation
Material: Carbon steel
Finish: Pre-Galvanized Material
Service: Recommended for outside of foam or fiber glass insulation for distribution of loads to preclude crushing of insulation without breaking the vapor barrier.
Approvals: Complies with Federal Specification A-A-1192A (Type 40), WW-H-171-E (Type 41), ANSI/MSS SP-69 and MSS SP-58 (Type 40).
How to size: Refer to “shield size selection table” in the submittal.
- Can be pre-fabricated
- Holds the insulation shield in place during installation
- Locks in place with easily bent tabs
- Installs fast and without any required tools
- Is designed to work with Anvil brand hangers but is compatible with most hanger brands
- Provides extra safety during system operation
Ordering: Specify size, figure number and name. Data applicable to shields for thicker insulation or larger pipe sizes is available upon request.