The Gruvlok® Fig. 7012 Flange allows direct connection of Class 125 or Class 150 flanged components to a grooved piping system. The two inter- locking halves of the 2” thru 12” sizes of the Gruvlok Flange are hinged for ease of handling, and are drawn together by a latch bolt which eases assembly on the pipe. Precision machined bolt holes, key and mating surfaces assure concentricity and flatness to provide exact fit-up with flanged, lug, and wafer styles of pipe system equipment. A specially designed gasket provides a leak-tight seal on both the pipe and the mating flange face.
Working pressure ratings shown are for reference only and are based on Schedule 40 pipe. For the latest UL/ULC listed, LPCB, VdS and FM Approved pressure ratings versus pipe schedule, see www.anvilintl.com or contact your local Anvil Representative.
The Gruvlok Fig. 7012 Flange requires the use of a steel adapter insert when used against rubber faced surfaces, wafer/lug design valves and serrated or irregular sealing surfaces. In copper systems a phenolic adapter insert is required, in place of the steel adapter insert. (See Installation and Assembly Instructions Section or contact your Anvil Rep. for details.)
- Ductile Iron conforming to ASTM A-536, Grade 65-45-12
LATCH BOLT/NUT (2"-12"):
- Heat treated, zinc electroplated, carbon steel oval neck track bolts conforming to ASTM A-183 and zinc electroplated heavy hex nuts of carbon steel conforming to ASTM A-563 Grade A or Grade B, or J995 Grade 2.
METRIC BOLTS & HEAVY HEX NUTS:
- Heat treated, zinc electroplated oval-neck track head bolts made of carbon steel with mechanical properties per ISO 898-1 Class 8.8. Hex nuts and bolts are zinc electroplated followed by a yellow chromate dip.
- Rust inhibiting paint Color: ORANGE (standard)
- Hot Dipped Zinc Galvanized (optional)
- Other available options: Example: RAL3000 or RAL9000 Series
For other coating requirements contact an Anvil Representative.
- Standard Gruvlok
- Gruvlok Xtreme™ required for dry pipe systems and freezer applications
Materials Properties as designated in accordance with ASTM D-2000.
- Grade “E” EPDM (Green color code)
-40°F to 230°F (Service Temperature Range)(-40°C to 110°C)
Recommended for water service, diluted acids, alkalies solutions, oil-free air and many chemical services. NOT FOR USE IN PETROLEUM APPLICATIONS.