For the most demanding applications in your drilling activities, triple-offset butterfly valves are essential for high pressures and high-temperature that require metal vs. soft seats. Their compact size, lighter weight and simplified operation can also make them a better choice than standard gate valves.
Our ABZ™ line of triple-offset butterfly valves are meticulously engineered for superior sealing under challenging process conditions involving extreme pressures, high temperatures and dirty fluids. The Extreme 6000 series increases sealing capacity, reduces friction/running torque between discs and seats and achieves uniform compressive sealing around an entire seat. With zero leakage in both directions at full-pressure ratings and high-temperature sealing capacity, these valves are ideal to replace globe and gate valves in applications requiring tight shutoff.
Unlike laminated disc seats that are susceptible to flow erosion, Extreme 6000 valves feature laminated body seats that are indirect to flow and less prone to erosion. Instead of a common design where solid seals are integral to the bodies – and therefore non-replaceable – Extreme 6000 features solid, replaceable disc seals. All sealing parts, such as disc seats, body seats and retainer plates, are geometrically machined to reduce friction and provide tight shutoff for long-term service.
The Extreme 6000 product line is manufactured to the highest industry technical standards including ISO International (ISO) and the American Petroleum Institute (API).
FEATURES (EXTREME 6000 SERIES)
- Two- to 60-inch sizes
- Field-repairable body and disc seats
- High-temperature graphite stem packing to prevent fugitive emissions and fire hazards
- Internal keyed and pinned connection to align disc seal to body seat
- One-piece shaft for resistance to full bi-directional pressure/vacuum service
- API-certified fire-safe design for zero leakage before/during/after fire
- Wafer, lug, double-flanged, butt-welded, short- and long-gate valve takeout
- Cryogenic* and high-temperature options available
- Compliant to ANSI 150/300/600 standards
- Compliant to API 598/607/609 standards
- Compliance to API 641, ISO 15848-1 & ISO 15848-2 available upon request
*Cryogenic valves tested in liquid nitrogen to temperatures of -320 degrees Fahrenheit. Shell and seat tested with helium in both directions.
- Oil and gas processing
- High- and low-temperature service
- Temperature pressure rating
- Oxygen service
- Saturated steam
- Chemical plants
- Power plants
- Pulp and paper