The MaxSpan R.H. is specifically designed to provide a superior safety margin for pipe mounted on pipe rollers, flat surfaces or with supports where point loading may be a concern. These rugged units allow hanger spans up to the maximum allowed in Table 4 of the MSS SP-58. They are appropriate for either hot or cold pipe systems. The insulation and factory applied jacketing meeting ASTM E 96A (maximum 0.02 perm) extend beyond the galvanized steel shield for a neatly sealed joint with the adjoining insulation. Units for pipe 4” and larger include a wear/weight distribution plate of carbon steel (primer painted). Additionally, a segment of ultra-high density, 900 PSI calcium silicate is fabricated into units for 10” pipe size and larger. The MaxSpan R.H. meets or exceeds the MSS standard for Type 40 Shields per MSS SP‑58, Paragraph 7.63 – 7.66. MaxSpan R.H. meets the ASTM E84 Standard Flame Spread -5-, Smoke Developed -5-. Rounded shield corners on all commercial size units.
- For indoor use on all roller hanger systems and flat surfaces (see Weather Shield Upgrade data page for outdoor applications).
- Chilled to steam piping and dual temperature lines.
- Hanger spans per MSS SP-58 Table 4.
- Available for pipes 1/2 inch through 24 inches.
- Insulation thickness 1/2 inch (to 6” pipe) through 4 inches.
- 100 PSI Calcium silicate meeting ASTM C-533 Type 1, C-585, C-795, E-84, Thermal Conductivity (‘k’) .40 @ 75˚ F mean.
- Adhesive complying with NFPA 90-A and ASTM E-84.
- G-90 Galvanized steel shield, small check per ASTM A-653 (replaces A-527). Rounded corners for safety.
- Wear/Weight Distribution Plate – carbon steel meeting ASTM A-36.
- Factory applied jacketing meeting ASTM E 96A (maximum 0.02 perm), ASTM D-774, D-828 and E-84.
- Structural insert (10” pipe and larger) of 900 PSI calcium silicate per ASTM C-656 Type II Grade 6.