MaxSpan shields are designed to provide a superior safety margin when supporting pipe with hanger spans up to the maximum allowed in Table 4 of the MSS SP-58 in clevis or clamp hangers. These 360o thermal hanger shields provide a continuous section of insulation and factory applied jacketing meeting ASTM E 96A (maximum 0.02 perm) through the hanger and can be used on piping systems operating between +20o F. and +1200o F. The insulation and jacketing extend beyond the galvanized steel shield for a neatly sealed joint with the adjoining insulation. To achieve the protection required by long hanger spans, MaxSpan thermal hanger shields utilize heavier gauge shields, and utilize Type 2 calcium silicate (Grade 5, 450 PSI for 10” through 14” and Grade 6, 900 PSI for 16” pipe and larger). The MaxSpan meets or exceeds the MSS standard for Type 40 Shields per MSS SP‑58, Paragraph 7.63 – 7.66. MaxSpan meets the ASTM E84 Standard Flame Spread -5-, Smoke Developed -5-. Rounded shield corners on all commercial size units.
- For indoor use on all band and clamping hanger systems (see WeatherShield Upgrade data sheet for outdoor applications).
- Chilled to steam piping and dual temperature lines.
- Hanger spans per MSS SP-58 Table 4 in clevis or two-bolt clamp hangers.
- Available for pipe through 24 inches.
- Insulation thickness 1/2 inch (to 6” pipe) through 4 inches.
- ½” through 8” pipe – 360°100 PSI Calcium silicate meeting ASTM C-533 Type 1, C-585, C-795, E-84, Thermal Conductivity (‘k’) .40 @ 75° F mean.
- 10″ through 18″ pipe 100 PSI Calcium Silicate top, 450 PSI Type 2 Grade 5 Calcium Silicate bottom.
- 20″ through 24″ pipe 900 PSI Type 2 Grade 6 Calcium Silicate.
- Adhesive complying to NFPA 90-A and ASTM E-84..
- G-90 Galvanized steel shield, small check per ASTM A-653 (replaces A-527). Rounded corners for safety.
- Factory applied jacketing meeting ASTM E 96A (maximum 0.02 perm), ASTM D-774, D-828 and E-84.
- All units and components are asbestos free and 100% made and assembled in the U.S.A.