Size Range: 3/8" through 3/4" Threaded Rod
Material: Carbon Steel
Finish: Pre-Galvanized per ASTM A653
Service: Secures beam clamps to the beam where building movement is expected due to seismic activity. NFPA 13 requires the use of restraining straps in seismic areas. For use with Anvil Fig. 86, 88, 92, 93, 94, and 95 beam clamps.
Approvals: cULus Listed. Complies with the hanging and bracing requirements listed in NFPA 13.
- Dual hole design allows for one part to be installed with 3/8" and 1/2" rod.
- Unique hook design allows for easy installation on existing piping systems.
- Install beam clamp per manufacture’s installation instructions.
- Place restraining strap over exposed rod.
- Pull tight and wrap the opposite end of the restraining strap around the beam flange. At least 1" must wrap around the beam. For best performance, ensure the retrofit restraining strap is tight against the beam.
- For rod which extends less than 1" past the restraining strap, a nut must be installed to secure the restraining strap to the beam clamp and rod.
- Fire Protection applications shall also be installed per the requirements of NFPA 13 and local codes.
Ordering: Specify size, length, figure number and description.