Size Range: 3/8" and 1/2" Threaded Rod
Material: Carbon Steel
Finish: Pre-Galvanized per ASTM A653
Service: Secures beam clamps to the beam where building movement is expected due to seismic activity. NFPA 13 requires the use of restraining straps in seismic areas. For use with Anvil Fig. 86, 88, 92, 93, and 95 beam clamps.
Approvals: cULus Listed. Complies with the hanging and bracing requirements listed in NFPA 13.
- Universal hook allows for installation on 3/8" and 1/2" rod.
- Unique hook design allows for easy installation on existing piping systems.
- Install beam clamp per manufacturer's installation instructions.
- Hook the end of the retrofit restraining strap around the rod or beam clamp set screw.
- Pull tight and wrap the opposite end of the retrofit restraining strap around the beam flange. At least 1" must wrap around the beam. For best performance, ensure the retrofit restraining strap is tight against the beam.
- For rod which extends less than 1" past the retrofit restraining strap, a nut must be installed to secure the retrofit restraining strap to the beam clamp and rod.
- Fire Protection applications shall also be installed per the requirements of NFPA 13 and local codes.
Patent: No. 5,897,088
Ordering: Specify size, length, figure number and description.