Size Range: 2" through 24"
Material: Cast iron roll and plate
Finish: Plain, Zinc Plated (Hot-Dip Galvanized optional) or Resilient Coated
Service: For support of pipe where small longitudinal movement due to expansion and contraction may occur and where no vertical adjustment is required.
Maximum Temperature: 400° F at roller, 300° F at resilient coated roller.
Approvals: Complies with Federal Specification A-A-1192A (Type 45), WW-H-171-E (Type 46), ANSI/MSS SP-69 and MSS SP-58 (Type 45).
Installation: Consist of sitting the unit in place. Weight of pipe and material hold unit in place.
How to size:
- If roll is to support bare pipe, select the size directly from nominal pipe size.
- If used with pipe covering protection saddle, see Figs. 160 – 166A submittals for size of pipe roll.
Features: An economical, practical means of supporting pipe with limited horizontal movement due to expansion and contraction.
Features: Advantages of pipe rollers with a protective resilient coated covering.
- Non conductive pipe rollers - prevent the passing of current from pipeline to structure.
- Corrosion resistant - for protection against severe weather conditions, moderate corrosive conditions such as marine atmospheres and weather resistant to ultra-violet radiation.
- Low coefficient of friction between pipe and resilient coated pipe roller.
Ordering: Specify pipe roll size, figure number, name and finish. Be certain to order oversized rolls when insulation and protection saddles are required.
Note: Fabricated carbon steel base plates for extended travel are available upon request. Refer to Fig. 75 SD and 76 SD for additional pipe roll designs.