Size Range: Service Pipe: 1" through 4", Brace Pipe: 1" or 1 1/4" Sch. 40
Material: Carbon steel
Finish: Plain or Electro-Galvanized per ASTM B633
Service: Designed to rigidly brace and restrain piping systems subjected to lateral seismic loads. May also be installed to brace piping systems subjected to vertical seismic loads. For vertical load capacities, reference OSHPD OPM-0351-13.
Approvals: cULus Listed (UL 203a) and FM Approved (FM 1950-10 & FM 1950-13). OSHPD Pre-Approved (OPM-0351-13 and OPA-2804-10). Complies with the hanging and bracing requirements listed in NFPA 13.
- Field adjustable design requires no threading of the brace pipe
- Indicator clip provides a visual indication that the desired torque value has been achieved
- Place the 3/8" diameter threaded rod hoop over the service pipe and slide the Sch. 40 brace pipe through the open ends of the threaded rod hoop. The end of the brace pipe must extend at least 2" past the channel bracket.
- Note: The brace pipe may be installed above or below the service pipe.
- Ensure brace pipe is set to the desired installation brace angle.
- Torque hex nuts alternately and equally to the listed torque. Ensure the indicator clip is completely flattened and the brace pipe is tight against the service pipe.
- For riser/4-way brace installations, two Q Brace clamps must be installed within 6" of each other.
- Fire Protection applications shall also be installed per the requirements of NFPA 13 and local codes.
Ordering: Specify service pipe size, brace pipe size, figure number, finish and description.