Size Range: Service Pipe: 1" through 12", Carbon Steel: 1" through 3" CPVC, Brace Pipe: 1" through 2" Sch. 40
Material: Carbon Steel Strap and Ductile Iron Cast Hoop Ends
Finish: Plain or Electro-Galvanized per ASTM B633
Service: Designed to rigidly brace piping systems subjected to lateral seismic loads.
Approvals: cULus Listed (UL 203a) and FM Approved (FM 1950-10 & FM 1950-13). Complies with the hanging and bracing requirements listed in NFPA 13.
- Unique design provides solutions for carbon steel and CPVC pipe.
- Beveled edge design helps protect the CPVC pipe from any rough surface and eliminates pipe abrasion.
- Large installation hole in the cast hoop ends allows the brace pipe to pass through easily without interference.
- Visual indication of proper assembly when the head of the set screw bottoms out on the cast hoop ends.
- Place the Model K Brace Clamp over the service pipe to be braced and slide the Sch. 40 brace pipe through the cast hoop ends. The end of the brace pipe must extend at least 1" past the cast hoop ends.
- Note: The brace pipe may be installed above or below the service pipe.
- Ensure brace pipe is set to the desired installation brace angle.
- Torque the set screws alternately and equally until the head of the set screw bottoms out on the cast hoop ends.
- For riser/4-way brace installations, two Model K Brace Clamps must be installed within 6" of each other.
- For CPVC installation, ensure the legs of the Model K Brace Clamp strap are parallel to each other and perpendicular to the brace pipe prior to installation.
- Fire Protection applications shall also be installed per the requirements of NFPA 13 and local codes.
Patents: No. 7,516,922, No. 7,523,895
Ordering: Specify service pipe size, brace pipe size, figure number, finish and description.