Size Range: Service Pipe: 2 1/2" through 8" Carbon Steel, Brace Pipe: 1" or 1 1/4" Sch. 40 IPS
Material: Carbon Steel Clamp and Ductile Iron Brace Socket
Finish: Plain or Galvanized (Brace Socket Electro-Galvanized per ASTM B633 and Clamps Hot-Dip Galvanized per ASTM A153).
Service: Designed to rigidly brace piping systems subjected to longitudinal and lateral seismic loads. May also be installed to brace piping systems subjected to vertical seismic loads. For vertical load capacities, reference OSHPD OPM-0351-13.
Approvals: cULus Listed (UL 203a) and FM Approved (FM 1950-10 & FM 1950-13). OSHPD Pre-Approved (OPM-0351-13 and OPA-2804-10). Complies with the hanging and bracing requirements listed in NFPA 13.
Features: For use in either longitudinal or lateral seismic brace applications.
- Position the clamp at the desired location on the service pipe and hand tighten the hex bolts. Ensure the spacer and the brace socket attachment are positioned on the bolt between the pipe clamps ears.
- Insert brace pipe into the socket until the brace pipe bottoms out.
- Torque shear off bolt until the bolt head breaks off.
- Ensure the brace pipe is set to the desired installation brace angle.
- Tighten the clamp bolts and nuts equally and alternately until metal to metal contact is achieved with the proper torque value.
- Fire Protection applications shall also be installed per the requirements of NFPA 13 and local codes.
Ordering: Specify service pipe size, brace pipe size, figure number, finish and description.