Kennedy Valve’s Indicator Posts are used to operate inaccessible resilient wedge gate valves and visually indicate if a buried or hidden valve is open or shut (closed). A buried resilient wedge gate valve uses a Vertical Indicator Post (KV2945 or KV2945A). A resilient wedge gate valve installed behind a wall uses a Wall Indicator Post (KV2945W).
Notes: Figure 2945A has an iron telescoping barrel and is adjustable to meet various trench depths. Figure 2945 is a fixed length option made to specified lengths. Figure 2945W is often installed on exterior walls.
Vertical indicator posts (KV2945 & KV2945A) for 4” to 24” resilient wedge gate valves:
- KV2945A’s telescoping barrel is iron
- “L” shaped operating handle/wrench can be fitted with a securing lock
- Pre-tapped allowing a tamper switch to be installed post shipment
Wall indicator posts (KV2945W) for 4” to 12” resilient wedge gate valves:
- Operated with a handwheel
- Pre-tapped allowing a tamper switch to be installed post-shipment