FlexHead® flexible sprinkler systems have been protecting exhaust ducts in semi-conductor/electronics facilities for more than fifteen years with no reported failures or leaks, and no sprinkler-related downtime.
During normal operation, patented FlexHead® technology contributes to productivity by allowing the process to continue even during routine maintenance.
FM-Approved FlexHead® Sprinklers Install in Minutes
FlexHead® sprinkler systems come complete with a flexible, stainless-steel hose, sprinkler head of choice, mounting block, and head-protecting polybag with gasket that prolongs the life of the sprinkler head. Mounting blocks are available for all types of exhaust ducts. Typical installations take about 10 minutes per head. Total cost is less than traditional hard-pipe installations, which take up to four hours per head, and require an expensive, separate access port for inspection.
Factory Mutual has approved FlexHead®’s complete exhaust duct sprinkler system, including the mounting block. Out of the box installations meet insurance requirements. Traditional hard-pipe installations must be individually inspected.
Features and Benefits
Combining patented FlexHead® sprinkler systems with the best corrosion resistant duct material costs less than half of any non-sprinkler duct materials and provides the most cost-efficient choice in exhaust duct systems. FlexHead® sprinkler systems also offer:
- Labor-saving, simplified installation takes minutes instead of hours
- Patented polybag/gasket assembly creates clean mini-environment for sprinkler heads within ducts, prolonging the life of sprinkler heads, and preventing production downtime caused by false alarms
- Wide variety of mounting blocks are available to accommodate all types of exhaust ducts (Steel, PVC, FRP, PP)
- FM-approved right out of the box. Meets all insurance requirements
- Eliminates need for costly access panel mounted on duct as is mandatory with hard-pipe sprinklers
- Preventive maintenance takes 10 minutes—with NO required FAB shutdown—unlike hard-pipe
- Flexible hoses allow for independent motion (sway) between duct and water main to compensate for duct vibration and during possible seismic activity—eliminating potential leaks, and allow for multiple design choices and flexibility during retrofit and expansion
Friction Loss for Industrial/Duct Sprinklers
|FLEXHEAD MODEL #||ORIFICE SIZE IN||HOSE ASSEMBLY LENGTH FT (M)||EQUIV LENGTH OF 1" SCH 40 PIPE FT (M)||MAX RATED PRESSURE PSI (KPA)|
|“XX” represents the model number. For example: 1024 is FlexHead model number for 1000 Series.|
1000 Series is limited to Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) exhaust ducts.
1100 Series is limited to metal exhaust ducts.
1200 Series is limited to Polypropylene Plastic exhaust ducts.
1300 Series is limited to Polyvinyl Chloride Plastic (PVC) exhaust ducts.
|XX24||1/2in.||2ft (0.6m)||11ft (3.6m)||175 (1205)|
|XX36||1/2in.||3ft (0.9m)||19ft (5.8m)||175 (1205)|
|XX48||1/2in.||4ft (1.2m)||21ft (6.4m)||175 (1205)|