Size Range: Brace Pipe: 1" through 1 1/4" Sch. 40; Anchor Size: 1/2"
Material: Carbon Steel
Finish: Plain or Electro-Galvanized per ASTM B633
Service: A seismic swivel attachment designed to connect brace pipe to the building structure or to a seismic structural attachment. The Sway Brace Swivel Attachment rigidly braces piping systems subjected to horizontal seismic loads.
Approvals: cULus Listed (UL 203a) and FM Approved (FM 1950-10 & FM 1950-13). Complies with the hanging and bracing requirements listed in NFPA 13.
- Field adjustable design requires no threading of the brace pipe
- The set screw design provides a visual indication that the desired torque value has been achieved.
- Insert anchor though the mounting hole and into the structure or seismic structural attachment.
- For connection to Fig. AF085, AF086, AF087, and AF779 seismic structural attachments, the bolt and nuts shall be installed wrench tight (typically finger tight plus 1/4 to 1/2 turns).
- For connection to concrete, wood, timber, steel, and other structures, install fasteners per the fastener manufacturer’s installation instructions.
- Insert Sch. 40 brace pipe into the bracket end. The brace pipe should extend a minimum of 0.50" past the back of the bracket.
- Torque set screw until the head bottoms out on the bracket.
- Check the cross bolt and nut and ensure the nut is wrench tight.
- Fire Protection applications shall also be installed per the requirements of NFPA 13 and local codes.
Ordering: Specify brace pipe size, figure number, finish, and description.