Size Range: Brace Pipe: 1" or 1 1/4" Sch. 40, Anchor Size: 1/2" through 3/4"
Material: Ductile Iron with Carbon Steel Hardware
Finish: Plain or Electro-Galvanized per ASTM B633
Service: A seismic swivel attachment designed to connect brace pipe to the building structure or to a seismic structural attachment. The Sway Brace Swivel Attachment rigidly braces piping systems subjected to horizontal seismic loads. The Sway Brace Swivel Attachment may also be installed to rigidly brace piping systems subjected to vertical seismic loads. For vertical load capacities, reference OSHPD OPM-0351-13.
Approvals: cULus Listed (UL 203a) and FM Approved (FM 1950-10 & FM 1950-13). OSHPD Pre-Approved (OPM-0351-13 and OPA-2804-10). Complies with the hanging and bracing requirements listed in NFPA 13.
- Field adjustable design requires no threading of the brace pipe
- Shear off bolt provides a visual indication that the desired torque value has been achieved
- True concentric loading of the brace pipe
- Insert anchor through the mounting hole and into the structure or seismic structural attachment.
- For connection to Fig. AF772, AF778, and AF779 seismic structural attachments, the bolt and nuts shall be installed wrench tight (typically finger tight plus 1/4 to 1/2 turns).
- For connection to concrete, wood, timber, steel, and other structures, install fasteners per the fastener manufacturer’s installation instructions.
- Insert Sch. 40 brace pipe into the brace socket until the brace pipe bottoms out.
- Torque shear off bolt until head shears off.
- Check the cross bolt and nut and ensure the nut is wrench tight.
- Fire Protection applications shall also be installed per the requirements of NFPA 13 and local codes.
Ordering: Specify brace pipe size, fastener size, figure number, finish and description.