Size Range: Flange Thickness: Up to 3/4" thick
Material: Ductile Iron with Carbon Steel Hardware
Finish: Plain or Zinc Plated
Service: A seismic structural attachment designed to attach to steel I-beams, flanges, and joists. The Universal Structural Brace Attachment rigidly braces piping systems subjected to horizontal seismic loads. The Universal Structural Brace Attachment may also be installed to rigidly brace piping systems subjected to vertical seismic loads. For vertical load capacities, reference OSHPD OPM-0351-13.
Approvals: cULus Listed (UL 203a) and FM Approved (FM 1950-10 & FM 1950-13). OSHPD Pre-Approved (OPM-0351-13 and OPA-2804-10). Complies with the hanging and bracing requirements listed in NFPA 13.
- Shear off bolt provides a visual indication that the desired torque value has been achieved
- May be installed anywhere a Fig 92 standard throat beam clamp may be installed.
- Place Universal Structural Brace Attachment on a horizontal or vertical steel flange.
- Torque shear off bolts evenly and equally until the head shears off.
- Install the 1/2" mounting bolt through the 1/2" AF771 mounting hole. The mounting bolt shall be installed wrench tight (typically finger tight plus 1/4 to 1/2 turns).
- Installation angle determined by the brace angle of the AF771 and brace pipe.
- Fire Protection applications shall also be installed per the requirements of NFPA 13 and local codes.
Ordering: Specify figure number, finish and description.