Size Range: Brace Pipe: 1" through 2" Sch. 40; Anchor Size: 1/2"
Material: Ductile Iron Jaw with Carbon Steel Baseplate and Hardware
Finish: Plain or Electro-Galvanized per ASTM B633
Service: A seismic swivel attachment designed to connect brace pipe to the building structure or to a seismic structural attachment. The Sway Brace Swivel Attachment rigidly braces piping systems subjected to lateral seismic loads.
Approvals: cULus Listed (UL 203a) and FM Approved (FM 1950-10 & FM 1950-13). Complies with the hanging and bracing requirements listed in NFPA 13.
- One universal jaw allows for attachment to multiple brace pipe sizes.
- Field adjustable design requires no threading of the brace pipe.
- Shear off set screw provides a visual indication that the desired torque value has been achieved.
- Insert anchor through the mounting hole and into the structure or seismic structural attachment.
- For connection to Fig. AF085, AF086, AF087, and AF779 seismic structural attachments, the bolt and nuts shall be installed wrench tight (typically finger tight plus 1/4 to 1/2 turns).
- For connection to concrete, wood, timber, steel, and other structures, install fasteners per the fastener manufacturer’s installation instructions.
- Insert Sch. 40 brace pipe into the brace jaw until the brace pipe bottoms out.
- Torque shear off bolt until head shears off.
- Check the cross bolt and nut and ensure the nut is wrench tight.
- Fire Protection applications shall also be installed per the requirements of NFPA 13 and local codes.
Ordering: Specify figure number, finish and description.