Size Range: Joist Gap: 1/2" through 1 1/4"
Material: Carbon Steel
Finish: Plain or Electro-Galvanized per ASTM B633
Service: A seismic structural attachment designed to attach to steel joists. The joist adapter rigidly braces piping systems subjected to horizontal seismic loads.
Approvals: cULus Listed (UL 203a). Complies with the hanging and bracing requirements listed in NFPA 13. Additionally, cULus Listed (UL 203) as a hanger for up to 8" pipe.
Features: Center loads the steel joist.
- Thread 1/2"-13 Rod through the tapped hole in the top plate of the joist adapter.
- Center the top plate and rod over the gap of the steel joist
- Center the bottom bracket between the vertical flanges and allow the rod to pass through the 1/2" thru hole.
- Mount the Fig. AF075, AF076, or AF077 on the underside of the bottom bracket.
- Install the 1/2-13 standard hex nut on the exposed rod. The hex nut shall be torqued to 40ft-lbs.
- Installation angle determined by the brace angle of the brace pipe and the AF075, AF076, or AF077.
- Fire Protection applications shall also be installed per the requirements of NFPA 13 and local codes.
Ordering: Specify figure number, finish and description.